Sunday, April 29, 2012

Snowbirds Day 4

I still can't comprehend what it means to be snowbirds. Or maybe I should say I can't imagine just yet what I fully want it to mean. Regardless, today was day 4 of the new lifestyle.

After sleeping in this morning at Doran County Park at Bodega Bay (California), John and I decided to go over to Occidental to Howard Station Cafe for breakfast. We've been going there for over twenty years as we travel through or vacation in the area. We weren't disappointed either by the Cafe or by the picturesqueness of the town.

Bohemian Highway - Main Street of Occidental, CA.

Trees blossom everywhere.

Bohemian Market in Occidental.

Every yard had a tree with these blooming flowers.

By the time we returned to Doran Park, it was noon. We relaxed for the remainder of the day and gave ourselves a chance to just be. Tomorrow I begin recording the remainder of Virginia's (my ninety year old friend) personal history over in Sebastopol. John said he is over to Calistoga Hot Springs for a soak while I'm working with my friend.

Another Bodega Bay scene from The Jazz.

We haven't planned our route north to Canada as yet. We're waiting to see which way calls to us closer to when we take off in a few days.

How did you spend your weekend?



6 comments:

  1. GREAT pics -- looking forward to following your drive north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading to Canada after enjoying the California coastal winters, will help you understand Snowbirds, as the winter season approaches at the end of this year!
    Enjoying the Pics!
    After a couple of days at the Oklahoma City Arts Fest earlier this week, edited Pics and did chores around the house, Great Week and Weekend, thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Weekend? Craig continued working on putting ne wood around a window, and I started sewing some new PJs for him. Also cleaned parts of the house because we are having friends visit tomorrow. Nothing exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in Phoenix and our part-time/shared apartment on Central and Roosevelt. Went to Encanto Park yesterday eve and enjoyed the swans and ducks. Today, we went to (and joined) the Phx. Art Museum. Mark enjoyed the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit. I liked the amazing woodblock prints by Gustave Baumann and savored a Monet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if your coming east please let us know so we can meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ηaving гeaԁ this I believed іt waѕ very informativе.
    I appгeciate yοu tаking the tіme and effοrt
    tо put this informative article togethеr. I oncе agaіn
    find myself peгsonally spenԁing a ѕignifiсant
    amоunt of time both reading and leaving cοmments.
    But ѕo ωhаt, it ωas still wοrthωhіle!


    Feel free tο visіt mу wеb blog;
    m2m massage
    My webpage :: chinese herbs

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts.